Saturday, February 25, 2012

18...eggs that is

Today was retrieval.  We got 18 eggs - 18 eggs -18 eggs.  I can't believe it.  I really can't.  My husband gave his sample.  I had an ultrasound.  My lining was 7.5 - which is okay but not great and not much thicker than the ultrasound I had last Thursday.  I'm trying very, very hard to not freak out about that.  They increased my estrogen and told me not to worry.  They acted as though it wasn't a big deal - but when I got home and looked it up via Dr. Google, I find that anything over 7 is good, over 9 is better, 10 is optimal.  Since I started progesterone on Friday - does that mean my endometrium has already reached maximum thickness?  I guess not if they are giving me more meds. 

Tomorrow I will get the fertilization report. 

I am nervous.  100x more nervous than when I did IVF myself.  I thought I was going to puke before our appt today. 

My husband wants to argue about how many to transfer back.  He says 1, I say 2.  I also say we haven't heard about the fertilization report yet - one day at a time.  

I'm going to see Wanderlust today and hope popcorn can relieve some of my anxiety.  Extra butter please.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you. Fingers are crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! And the increased estrogen should add to your lining.

    I found the ups and downs of tracking our donor's numbers to be quite a rollercoaster. It would be easier just to know the final number and not stress as much about the way we get there, but alas they have to keep us informed.

    Fingers crossed you get a bunch of nice embryos!

    ReplyDelete