Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday

Tomorrow is my baseline ultrasound.  I feel like I'm in line for the front seat of a roller coaster.  Do I really want to be here again?  Yes and no.  I want to have a baby - obviously.  I'm leaning more and more into donor eggs.  I think the writing is on the wall (AMH is .4, bad IVF #1), but since I don't think IVF #1 was handled correctly by my previous RE, I think that I owe it to myself to give it one more try.  My husband wants us to try three times with my eggs.  I would rather move on if it's not working.  DE IVF is not cheap.  I would much rather put our money towards something that is going to work.

However, I'm here now.  Being in the moment is not something I'm very good at it.  I'm always looking for the next big thing, the next goal.  Infertility has taught me patience.  It's also taught me that wine and a bubble bath go very well together :)

I'm reading Jennifer Weiner's Then Came You.  It's about a rich woman who uses donor eggs and a surrogate to have a baby.  I'm not sure I like the tone of the book yet, but I'm not very far in either.  I'll let you know what I think.  Updates to come tomorrow.  Let's hope for low estradiol and quiet ovaries :)  Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh! Day 1 of IVF. Exciting and scary all in one. I'm keeping it all crossed for good numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the very best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete