My donor, whom I've named Daphne, went for her consult yesterday. My donor coordinator nurse told me that Daphne was very nice, professional, and overall lovely. She also told me that she is an opera singer. I now am picturing my kids as little Broadway stars - I can't help it!
We are still waiting for her blood work to come back, but the physical portion of her evaluation was good. She has 30 antral follicles. The last time I had this done, I had 6. I'm elated at her high number, but when I looked it up on Dr. Google, it said anything over 30 indicated PCOS and maybe poorer egg quality. Huh? So, now I'm doing the odd thing of worrying more about someone else's ovaries more than my own. Hopefully I'll talk to the donor coordinator today with the results of the blood test and we'll find out when we start. When I talked to her yesterday, she said I would be on full dose lupron. I was on microdose on IVF #2. I've heard it makes people a little wacky. I'm already pretty wacky - this should be fun!
It's the holidays and my house is filled with people. I'm not Scrooge, but I also don't buy into all this family togetherness and the most wonderful time of the year. People stress me out - my family makes me crazy. I get mostly tired during the holidays and wish for it all to be over soon. I think some of my morose has to do with our lack of children. I hope one day that I will have the family I've always longed for.
Wishing everyone a great holiday season filled with nice relatives and yummy food!
No comments:
Post a Comment